Our Sugarbug Dental team is pleased to provide laser dentistry to make your child’s time in the dental most comfortable. Dental laser technology delivers optimal results without pain, no needing shots or anesthesia or numbing of the area of your child’s smile being worked on.
Laser Dental technology is so precise, accurate and capable of removing harmful microscopic bacteria and tooth decay without affecting the surrounding areas thanks to its light energy. Using dental lasers means no drills are used when removing destructive dental decay. Instead, most of the affected tooth’s structure can be preserved and the restoration is smaller than it would be if using a drill.
Another benefit offered by laser dentistry is that there is minimal bleeding after surgical treatment, reducing post-op pain and swelling. This means your child likely won’t even need any pain medication afterward. And since the laser does the work quickly, your child will only need to come in for one or two treatments, for teeth and gum care, so there is less dental anxiety involved.
Our dentists are thrilled to be able to work on your child’s smile as comfortably and least stressful as possible so their experience with us is positive. We want them to always leave their appointment looking forward to returning again.
If your child needs help with any of the following conditions, you can be confident that dental laser technology will do the work as smoothly as possible:
- If your child has advanced gum disease (periodontal disease) we can get rid of both the bacteria and infected tissues
- If your child is receiving a dental filling the laser will harden it easily and quickly
- If your child has decayed areas of the tooth, we can remove those
- If your child is experiencing painful cold sores or canker sores, we can provide relief.
- If your teen is getting their teeth whitened, it will go more quickly with the laser
- If your child needs recontouring of the gum line, the laser is the ideal tool.
If you have questions or concerns about your child’s oral health or want to learn more about laser dentistry, we welcome you to call or visit us today. We are excited to schedule your child’s appointment with our Sugarbug Dental & Orthodontics team by calling (805) 985-2400 today!